Balkan Township is currently looking for a Community Activity Director
Town of Balkan
Activity Director job description:
This is a part-time, flexible time position. This position will handle all details of events and activities at the Balkan community center. This position reports to the board of supervisors.
Basic Job Duties:
- Must be dependable, a good communicator, and self-motivated
- Create and coordinate family-friendly activities for the community center.
- Manage all volunteers involved with activities. Be the point of contact for all volunteers and donors.
- Find donations from the community that fit the event or activity.
- Be available for all events, if possible.
- Create a budget, present a budget to the board of supervisors prior to event, and oversee a budget for each activity or event. Report actual costs to the board of supervisors after an event or activity.
- Create promotional material for event or activity. Ask the clerk to post the event on the website and Facebook.
- Post photos on Facebook of activity or event for public.
- Create and lead activities like arts and crafts, music, dance, and sports to develop social skills and promote active, healthy lifestyles.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in entertainment activities.
- Work cooperatively with other township employees and the general public.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Work independently with minimal direction or supervision.
The Pay Scale:
This position is paid at $15/hour. 5 Flexible hours per week paid at rate.
How to Apply:
Call the Balkan Township office at 254-3967 for an application or email the clerk at email@example.com.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Balkan Township and the applicant and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. This job description and listing of essential functions is intended as a snapshot of this position at this particular point in time and, as such, may change from time to time. It is an attempt to outline essential functions, but is not necessarily inclusive of all essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees classified in this job.